Wednesday 22 January 2014

Why I think you should try Microsoft Flight!

Above is a screen shot of the Maule M7 aircraft within Microsoft Flight. Looks pretty sweet right? (Click on the image if you wanna go large).

I'll be honest with you. I only recently found out about Flight. I didn't even know it existed before! I've used Microsoft Flight Simulator for years. I've even used X-plane. And in my humble opinion, Flight is the best I've experienced.

Microsoft Flight's flight model is very, very good! It actually feels like you are flying the real thing.

What amazed me about Flight was it was love at first sight AND love at first flight. The graphics and textures are awesome! And I don't even have a gaming graphics card. In fact, I have a graphics card used for CAD (I use AutoCAD in my line of work). The graphics card I'm using currently is the NVidia K2000D.


The cockpit of the RV6A aircraft is beautiful. And you get this sort of graphics without the need for a gaming graphics card. I have to say that the guys who made Flight have done a wonderful job.

For those of you that wonder if Flight is suitable for hardcore simmers. The answer is yes, absolutely! And for those of you who want to know if Flight is suited to absolute beginners, the answer is yes again!

For beginners, the user-interface is so simple and visually very beautiful.

For those hard-core simmers, Flight allows you to use VOR, DME, ILS etc. And I've been practicing my navigation skills in the Maule-M7 at night, without looking outside the aircraft and using the instruments alone.


To sum up for now, I urge everyone to try Flight (its free to download). I'll be blogging more about the features I've mentioned above. I just hope this has peaked your interest a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment